Monday, January 4, 2010

The Fire Burns

Anger likes to hang out with me. I'm angry with it.
And how I listen!
Recurring themes that spring inconspicuously.
Patience,
Trust,
Waiting,
Forgiveness,
Sincerity,
Humility,
Surrender,
Devotion,
Balance,
Integrity,
Laziness,
Lust,
Service,
Wisdom,
Understanding,
Knowledge,
Love,
Hope,
Faith,
Pride,
and oh, the list goes on!
Which one shall I tackle today?
Which one shall I stumble on again?
Which one is more important?
Out of all of these, I pray,
to where shall my heart go?
Which one?
Overwhelmed by the challenges
that face me
I ignore them and pity myself.
"If I say this then...
or if I do this then..."
I'm a contradicting contradiction.
...and I'm tired of it.
All the time, I whine
of my whining
and write of it in my
alliterated rhyme.
Why?
For an answer?
A solution?
A pass?
When will this end?
Two years and I've yet to see it end...
I'm done with this again.



No comments: