Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Service.

Not sure what to write, really, but feel I should update myself on recent activity.

Service. Yes, service. Applying my faith. "So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead..." and, "Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." Now, if I did this according to works of the law in order to be justified, I'd toil for nothing. First came the faith, then came the works. For I am moved to work through the Spirit in Christ by faith. If I work, but do not believe, then what will my work obtain for me? Will my work justify me? No! I am justified because I believe God. So I work for God in faith, not to be justified, but to grow, for "A generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered." And If I say I believe, but do not listen, nor do I trust who I listen to, and do not abide by my proclamation, then am I saved?

This is my recent development. I'm trying to start paying a little better attention to His word. To hear and do. To take commandment. To take direction. To go towards the light. Pray I'm lead to Him, for Him, with Him, by Him, in Him, through Him, in thanks to Him.

That's it for now. I'll let James, Paul and Solomon's words sink in a bit.

=--}->

The above brought to you by God. (James 2:17, 18; Romans 4; Proverbs 11:25)

No comments: